Monday, December 10, 2012

Bella Table Runner

A couple months ago I purchased this Bella fabric by Lotta Jansdotter of Windham Fabrics from The Intrepid Thread.  (By the way she has the most wonderful fabrics.)  I just could not figure out what to do with it.  So it sat on the floor of my studio for a while.  I recently purchased an International Quilt Festival Quilt Scene magazine and there is was.  Graphic Patchwork Table Runner by Amy Ellis.  I did make a few minor alterations to the pattern.  Once I pieced the runner it still didn't do much for me, but I decided to go ahead and quilt it anyway.  In October I was very blessed to be invited to attend Fall Quilt Market in Houston.  While at Sample Spree I purchased some Wonderfil 12wt thread.  I have never used such thick thread before in my machine, but decided to go ahead and give it a try.  I put in a jeans needle, set my stitch length longer, put regular sewing thread in the bobbin, and using a deep turquoise colored thread quilted the runner in the straight lines you see.  It just makes the runner.  I love it!  I have enough pieces left over to do a second one.  Maybe a gift for one of my daughters' birthdays.  This first one is mine!     

No comments:

Post a Comment