Friday, August 28, 2015


Way back in April I posted the beginnings of this project.  

I had a whole bin of left over Allison Glass fabrics that I cut into 3 inch squares.  It looked like a huge project, but actually went fairly fast.  I took it off to the quilter earlier this month.  Hollie Rawe does a wonderful and fast job.                                                  
The size ended up 60 by 60 inches.  I considered increasing the size, given I still had tons of the squares cut.  However, I think it is just big enough as is.
As this is a finished project I am linking up with

Wednesday, August 26, 2015


I finally pulled out my Niner quilt using Bonnie & Camille fabrics a week or so ago.  It was a bit of a problem figuring out what was going on with it to begin with.  I had about 6 rows, set on point complete, but just was not sure of the layout.  I could not find the pattern.  I knew I had purchased it, but where or where could it be.
I finally was able to pull a picture off line and could see the lay out.  All the blocks were done.  Just have to keep adding to the rows. 

This is another five rows to sew together and add to the others.  I think I only have a couple left to go.  The rows get smaller and smaller as I finally reach the right hand corner of the quilt.  
I have a back ready to go too.  So glad to be finally finishing another work in progress. 
So I am linking up with 

Wednesday, August 12, 2015


I am still working on my quest to finish up some long ago started projects.  This particular project started out with a bit of a problem. I had started the serpentine quilting on a sewing machine that I traded in last July for a newer model.  The serpentine stitch despite my many trials would not match.  I ended up pulling out all the quilting on one of the blocks.  

I am just doing some serpentine stitching and straight line quilting on the pieced blocks.  No worry the pen is friction pens.  I love them, you just iron away the lines.  I know they say they come back with really cold temperatures.  I mean really cold!  I did an experiment with my grandson Noah a while back.  We tried putting the piece in the refrigerator, but no markings came back.  We next put the piece in the freezer.  At last the markings came back.  You pretty much need a zero degree temperature for a good hour or more.  But then you can just iron them away again.  They sometimes leave a white mark, but I have found that a little Best Press and a hot iron takes care of that too.  

I am doing an eco around the pears.  I have not decided if I will quilt within the pears yet.  
So glad to be working on this project again. 

Friday, August 7, 2015


It is a little bit large to be holding up.  Our California valley is drought stricken, but last night we got a bit of a sprinkle.  I could not lay it down on the patio deck.  
I started this a couple years ago, and this is actually the second one I've made.  The first was traditional red, white, and blue for my son's in-laws.  They are true Brits.  My granddaughter loved theirs, but wanted it in less traditional colors.  This one is reds, tans and black.  
I am very glad to be finally finished with this quilt.  So I am linking up with.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015


I purchased a couple fat quarter bundles of Flora by Kelly Ventura of Windham Fabrics a few weeks ago.  I made a small table topper from it, but wanted to try something else.  I paired it with a number of Oval Elements by Art Gallery.  I have a whole container of the Oval Elements in all sorts of colors.  They are wonderful additions for all sorts of projects.  This piece is so cheery and bright.  I love it.  I have just enough to possibly make one more.  One for me and another for a gift down the road.
Since this is a project in process I am linking up with