Friday, September 18, 2015

A LITTLE START FOR CHRISTMAS

My besty Brooke of Silly Mama Quilts posted the runner below a few weeks ago.  It was so pretty and I had the perfect fabrics stashed away for one.  I quilted mine with Metallic  Madera thread.  It is the best metallic thread I have ever used.  Pop in a metallic needle, regular gold sewing thread in the bobbin, and it quilts without breakage.  I have used it numerous times with complete success.  I am tempted to make another, they are so easy especially since the star points are not matching.  My two young grandsons are still in elementary school, so this runner and making another one would be perfect gifts for their teachers.  


I believe Brooke has this runner pictured here available in her Etsy shop, along with all sorts of other wonderful items. 
This is my finish for the week so I am linking up with 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful choice of colors/fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your early start on Christmas. I haven't even thought of anything any will want for Christmas. Maybe it's time to make something for myself?

    ReplyDelete