I finally have the blocks ready to put together on my Not Quite Granny runner. A pattern that was featured in September on Crazy Mom Quilts . I really like working with linens.
I found the perfect back for it too. While finishing up another runner I purchased a half yard of this Michael Miller by Laura Gunn called Collage in her Edges Collection. I only bought a half yard as the price was $12.50 a yard. Over the weekend I decided I HAD TO HAVE maybe another yard of it. It is such a great fabric for my Not Quite Granny runner too. As I scoured the store I finally located it on the sale table marked 1/2 off. I bought the rest of the bolt all 7 1/2 yards. Love it!!!!!! In fact I sort of think the pattern on it would also make a great runner duplicated in linens.
Its not done, but on its way so I am linking up with Lee of
I must admit that despite years and years of resolution to finish up projects I never seem to do very well with the follow through. This little apron finally called out loudly enough this past week to make me decide to finish it off. I had it all done, the hard parts, all those ruffles for eons. The first bib top I cut out had the birds up side down. I ended up having to purchase more fabric and that was the end of that. I stuffed it all into a bag and hung it in the closet of my studio. Well this week I pulled it out and wondered what was my problem. All the hard stuff was done. So here it is all finished and ready for a fashion statement in the kitchen during the holiday.
This is a long awaited finish so I am linking up with
I mailed this little top off this week. While visiting a friend I offered to help with this Christmas quilt to see if we could get it finished up for Christmas. She will still have to get borders on it, and get it quilted and bound, but it was a good start.
I also managed to get this piece together as well in the past couple days. I hope to have it off to the quilter soon. Nice to finally get some projects at least almost done. So I am linking up with
I finished up another quilt for my guild. We are all asked to make at least one completed quilt each year to be given to various charities in October. Last month they distributed 220 quilts. I have found that once I have used a fabric several times it is time to just make up a quilt, quilt it and give it to the cause. Most of these blocks were from the book Farmer's Wife. Once I started the blocks I sort of lost interest. I ended up adding a few orphan blocks from another project and it is done. Nice to finish up something for a good cause so I am linking up with
It is pecan harvest at our house. That means the entire kitchen, laundry, living and dining rooms are taken over with boxes, buckets, and bowls of pecans in various stages of harvest.
No we are not farmers! We have two BIG 40 foot pecan trees on the side of our home. Every fall we end up with this project.
I really should not say WE, as I do not participate in any way with the knocking of these trees, or the drying, hand cracking, and drying again of the pecans. This is all my husband's baby. However, I do have to deal with the complete take over I my kitchen and the pecan shells all over the dining room floors.
Gallon Bag #9, no this is not the end or the finish of pecan harvest. We probably are not even half way through. Do our neighbors and friends love us and even more our crop. OH YES! Me not so much. Besides cleaning up cuts into my quilting time!!!!! As this is truly a work in progress I am linking up with
Finished at last! The runner top has been done for months, and some of the quilting was done as well. However, it needed to be meandered around the hexi's and the border and that is something I just have not been able to accomplish well. At the end of October I took a week and went to Minnesota to visit a very dear friend. My besty Brooke of Silly Mama Quilts kindly did the rest of the quilting for me.
Here she is finishing up this runner for me. Wish I could manage this quilting process like she does. We had a great week, but it flew by so quickly. But we both enjoyed the week together working on our projects.
Before we knew it our week together was also finished. Sad to see such a fun week end. As both our mini quilt retreat and this runner are finished I am linking up with
A couple of weeks ago I posted the beginnings of my granddaughter's Christmas gift for her boy friend. At last the top is complete. However, not without some difficulties. She wanted the brown fabric border with the birds on it. I knew I had just enough to do it for her with a red post in the corners. Well that was not as easy as it sounds.
I ended up with this problem. Yes I made a mistake, but it also illustrated that I had a bigger problem. There was not enough fabric length to sew the borders on the length size all the way to the end of the quilt, then add the posts on the short sides. Plus I could not start on the short sides and add posts to the long sizes. NOW WHAT!!!!!!!!
The solution. Surely glad to have figured this one out. However, I have to admit not without some real head scratching, some ripping out, and one or two grumbles under my breath. Well it is not complete, but on its way to the quilter this next week.
Oh my, this really has been a work in progress, I am linking up with