Wednesday, February 17, 2016

BIAS STRIP BLOCKS

My quilt guild offered a class with Jan Soules in January using bias strips to cover curved pieced blocks.  I had purchased this Cosmos fabric many months before that sat in my quilting stash with no idea what to do with it.  I even shared half of it with my best friend Brooke of Silly Mama Quilts.  While visiting with her and her family in October we used this fabric to make a wedding quilt for one of her nieces.  Here are a few of the blocks we put together for that project. 

Once I got back home and decided to take the class.  I figured to use the rest of this line on something a bit different.  I need to take the blocks and put them together in a better arrangement, but this project while not done is turning out to be lots of fun.  Since it is still a work in project I am linking up with
Silly Mama Quilts                                          

4 comments:

  1. Those look like some fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two completely different projects. Love the curvy one...it really shows off the Cosmo fabric. The plus blocks are so fun though. I think they will make a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete