Wednesday, May 25, 2016


The four star blocks are left overs from a Craftsy BOM that I decided not to use.  I didn't want to throw them away so I added some of the left over fabric from that same project and turned them into a runner.  Now this had to be quilted.  I struggle with free motion quilting.  So I continue to try to work on that skill.  
As you can see it is not perfect, but I am getting there.  I must admit though that there is no free motion about it.  I put my machine on a serpentine stitch and turn my fabric this way and that to to accomplish it.  I still am working perfecting free motion quilting, but at least I am getting somewhere.  
Its a work in progress so I am linking up with 

Tuesday, May 24, 2016


This block became interesting to make.  This is my second try.  I had a bit of a challenge with it.  The pieces are free cut, no pattern or templates so it became somewhat of a trial and error to get it done.  
Here is my original block.  Note the leg on the bottom right is gone and the bottom left is so small once sewn to another block will also disappear.  I ended up using almost all of the pink fabric in this block so ended up with a different one on the block above.  Just goes to show that sometimes things just have to be experimented with before you can get them right.  This one turned into a learning curve for me.  
Since it is Tuesday I am linking up with

Friday, May 20, 2016


I plan on doing a Christmas Market booth in late November or early December.  So I have been tossing in a few runners here and there for the last few months.  I love non traditional Christmas fabric.  I have plans to do a couple of these in these fabrics.  These stars are one of my favorites.  No cutting off points on these babies.  the 9 squares are cut 3-1/2 inches and the star pints are 2-1/2 inch cuts.  They end up 9 inch blocks finished.  So I continue on with preparations, but this one at least is finished.
So I am linking up with

Wednesday, May 18, 2016


I pulled out the first four months of my Project 48 blocks to take a look at how I was coming along with them.  I'm excited, seeing them all together and how much fun they have been.
 January 2016
 February 2016

 March 2016
April 2016
And now, here we are with the first two blocks for May.  The project still has the rest of the year to go, and hopefully I have enough Cotton and Steel scraps to finish them.  Yes, it really is a project in process so I am linking up with.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016


Several months ago I purchased Curiosities a line of fabric by Art Gallery.  I did not have any particular idea what I would make out of it.  Just a few days ago I saw a pattern done by Kelly of My Quilt Infatuation and was able to purchase it on Craftsy.  It was perfect for this fabric.  I am using a white on white polka dots for the corners, so cute.  
This is a work in progress, one of many I seem to be starting lately, but I am linking up with Brooke of Silly Mama Quilts , Sew Fresh Quilts and the Needle and Thread Network in hopes that I can finish this cute lap quilt up very soon.   

Tuesday, May 10, 2016


I have managed to stay on track, and finish up all four April blocks and start May's on my Project 48 BOM.  

So I am linking up with 

Friday, May 6, 2016


I finally got something done, life has been just too crazy lately.  The fabric in this piece is Carrie Bloodstone's.  I used several of her lines out last year.  The white fabric is Essex White Linen.  So easy and a perfect Mother's Day gift maybe!
My second finish is the same idea, but in Let it Snow by Marcus Fabrics.  Just left overs from a quilt I am working on.  This fabric has a bit of silver sparkle in it, so the white fabric is sparked in silver as well.  Nice to work on something and be able to finish it in a couple of days.  The rest of the piles laying around my studio are taking forever.  
I am taking this opportunity to link up with

Tuesday, May 3, 2016


On April 13th I posted an idea I had for doing these trees with  (Forest Floor by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery Fabrics).  
Unfortunately I had some real problems with this piecing idea (pictured below).  I used Soft Fuse which is a wonderful soft adhesive.  However, with all the seams and the trees with all the curves and points it became a real problem.  I ended up scrapping that and going for the tree tops done with a single fabric.  I also used the regular Steam A Seam heavier adhesive.  I adhered it to Essex White Linen.  I am hoping with the idea of closely spaced straight stitching quilting I will not even machine appliqué around the tree edges and trunks.  I plan to use it for a wall hanging so it will not get much wear and tear, or need washing.  I am think about using one of her other prints around the bottom of the tree trunks a grass.  Not exactly sure how I plan to get that accomplished yet.     

Once again this is a project in continued process.  So I am linking up with Brooke of Silly Mama Quilts and The Needle and Thread Network.