Friday, December 2, 2016

Night Fall Christmas

These last couple of days I finished up my Night Fall Christmas Stocking project.  While cleaning out a tub of ribbon I discovered a stack of mini doilies.  They seemed perfect for this project.  My patch work finished at 2 1/2 inches.


I finished the back off with just a plain fabric also in the Night Fall fabric.

Before constructing the stocking I quilted the patchwork front and back to batting.  The front was done in a serpentine stitch over the seam lines, but I decided to meander the back fabric.  I love using 12wt thread and prefer Wonderfil over other brands.  However I had never tried to do meander quilting with it.  You learn something new all the time, it is wonderful to work with doing that type of quilting. 
So it is Friday and this project is complete so I am linking up with

8 comments:

  1. Very nice - and deep to hold a lot of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It will be even lovelier when filled to the brim :) Thanks for linking to TGIFF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for linking up to Finished or Not Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish. Nice quilting and accents with the doily and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty stocking, and the doily is such a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice stocking, now Santa has only to fill it =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plenty of time to hang your stocking - hope it is filled with lots of goodies! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday! !

    ReplyDelete