Tuesday, April 11, 2017

DOUBLE WEDDING RING PART 3

Well the project is coming along.  I fear I am running out of fabric choices, so I may have to get on line and see what I can do.  Plus my bestie Brooke has offered to go through her stash and see what she can de-shrash for me.   These templates are Victoria Findley Wolfe's, which I borrow from a friend.  I love them, as they are 20 inches across a completed ring.  The nice thing is you have to cut out all your pieces and construct them in rows.  Then you just sew the rows together.  Tips: Starch does wonders for  piecing these, and Fons and Porter Fabric glue instead of pinning.  Never thought I would actually do one of these and this has been so much fun.  
No it is not done, but it is on its way so I am linking up:

6 comments:

  1. What fun picking out those fabrics. They look great together. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely! Double Wedding Rings have always intimidated me, but your posts is very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I like that center piece with the house, stars, and fish. Good luck on the fabric hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking fantastic! Good to hear the bigger size is working better, and that you're enjoying making this. Thank you so much for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DWR is looking super! Isn't it fun to have a friend de-stash to your advantage? My quilty friends and I are often swapping fabrics. ;-)

    ReplyDelete