Friday, May 4, 2018

GEESE ADDITIONS

I have been working on a Dresden plates quilt for a few weeks now.  One size for the entire quilt of 30 blocks seemed boring, so I mixed it up and added a larger size, and then a smaller size with fewer blades.  Somehow there was still something missing.  Maybe the idea of making 30 of them, although I hate to admit that.  Never the less, I have decided to add flying geese blocks.  
 This is my new smaller Dresden block, paired up with two of the new flying geese blocks.  These might not set next to each other on the final quilt, but it began to make me interesting in continuing making some more geese to start with anyway.  
And another Dresden with these flying geese.  
So are the first five flying geese blocks I have made are beginning to look pretty good, and the idea seems to be taking shape.
Just to break up the Dresden and Geese dilemma, our Yorkie Ginger got a new doggy scarf.  At lease one project got done this week.  

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Dresdens and geese! and cute doggie scarf--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the various fabrics you've used! Great job with the fussy cutting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dresden blocks and the geese look great together! Have you considered using the flying geese as sashing between the Dresden blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of PINK for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge LINK PARTY @ http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2018/05/scraphappy-saturday-tickled-pink.html!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flying geese blocks are a colorful addition. I love the motion with the background fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are using very pretty fabrics for these blocks, I love the soft palette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, sweet doggie scarf and such a willing model! I love the geese with your Dresdens - it does spice them up a bit! Although I like them just themselves, too.
    ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute doggie and scarf! Your Dresden plate and geese blocks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little Yorkie is looking good! And I love the contrast on your new Dresden Plate blocks. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know which is cuter - the geese, the dresdens, or the doggie scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flying geese blocks look fantastic! I really love the alternating fabrics on the dresden plates. And Ginger is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete